Kate Upton’s in London preparing to speak at The Vogue Festival’ this weekend. Upton is speaking with Bobbi Brown, the cosmetic brand she represents. Upton is lensed by David Roemer for ES Magazine and interviewed by Evening Standard writer Dan Rookwood. We learn:
1. Kate Upton is the most Googled Kate on the planet. More than Moss and Middleton.
2. In 2014 Kate shared fourth place on the Forbes’ list of top-earning models, sharing the spot with Kate Moss and Miranda Kerr.
‘[Kate] really shook up the industry in terms of how quickly you could achieve the usual markers of success,’ says Betty Sze, managing editor of models.com. ‘What takes high-fashion models sometimes decades to get… Kate was able to get in the space of two or so years.’
3. Kate Upton is very tight with Cameron Diaz, her gal pal in the critic-panned movie ‘The Other Woman’. ‘We always have each other’s back,’ says Upton. The blonde bombshell is now filming ‘The Layover’ with Lea Michele, described as a ‘road-trip sex comedy’.
4. Speaking of the 2014 leak of her nude photos, along with over 100 other stars including Jennifer Lawrence, Upton says: ‘It was very difficult. It’s an invasion of my privacy and it’s not OK. It’s illegal. People don’t have a right to look at those photos or to judge them.’ Upton fantasises about closing down her social media accounts. Then she returns to reality.
5. Upton’s trainer is David Kirsch, whose other clients include Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Liv Tyler and Karolina Kurkova, who says: ‘He’s master of the ass. He knows exactly where to attack a woman’s body.’
By now we all know the infamous remarks by Sophia Neophitou, who casts the Victoria’s Secret catwalk shows, saying she would ‘never’ use Kate Upton who is ‘too obvious’ and has a face that money can buy. A similar judgemental story emerges in the ES interview.
6. Kate has a tiny cross tattooed on the inside of her finger — the result of an assistant asking her to remove her crucifix for some pictures. ‘I was wearing a cross necklace that my mom bought me and somebody made a joke like, “Why are you wearing a cross? Like you would be religious,” ’ she has said. ‘They took [it] away. I was really affected by that. The whole thing made me realise I want [a cross] with me at all times.’
Too obvious and always a whore I guess. AOC has cheered for Kate Upton since Day 1, even with the creepy Terry Richardson video without her permission. ‘That was disrespectful , you could have told me,’ the self-possessed Upton reportedly said to Richardson. Given the sexy video’s role in sky-rocketing Kate into the public sphere, she has forgiven him.
Imagine some snotty little underpaid New York assistant telling Kate Upton she has no right to wear a cross. ~ Anne