Photographer Kristian Schuller captures the March cover of Conde Nast Traveller UK, snapping model Valerija Kelava, styled by Peggy Schuller. Don't panic. This beloved elephant has to be a photoshop trick, although elephants are painted in India.
Having a flashback now, I remember writing about the street artist Banksy painting the elephant Tai -- featured in the Reece Witherspoon movie 'Water for Elephants' -- for a LA art show called 'Barely Legal'. The show's focus was global poverty and Banksy spray painted Tai to support the show's main message: 'There's an elephant in the room. There's a problem we never talk about."
Although the paint was nontoxic, PETA protested and the head of the Los Angeles Animal Service Department promised "never again . . . Permits will not be issued for such frivolous abuse of animals in the future.
Much progress has been made on the topic of circus animals in America. Read Ringling Elephants Head for Early Retirement In Florida As Key Subjects for Cancer Research on our AOC GLAMTRIBALE Blog.
Let's stay authentic with this beautiful GLAMTRIBALE Dancing African Ladies Elephant Shell Necklace.
Studio-made: 1 pale blue-gold polymer clay bead, 1 dancing African ladies decoupage bead
* 2 elephant photo on shell Philippines, glued together front & back
* Antique gold designer chain, toggle clasp
* Handcrafted in America; natural variations and minor substitutions for sizing apply
* 10% of necklace price supports Kibera (Nairobi) School for Girls and David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya
* 24" L, plus medallion
* Medallion 4" inc. jump ring
* Elephant shell square 1 3/8" x 1 3/8", glued together front & back